Monday, December 3, 2012

Why Pocketto?


Why Pocketto? How did it all happen and why did I want to make it happen?

It's been a little confusing for the last few months I've had this tiny space. I've had the lines blur as I started out with a few raw ideas. But this month will be different as it marks a real, official debut - a month of firsts for both myself, this space and for all you wonderful readers of this growing space.

To sum it all up, Pokopocketto was an idea I had for a long time, except that I didn't act on it (didn't have the time or couldn't bring myself to make the effort). I'm an average student (if you're wondering) who just turned 21, residing in sunny Singapore, with a lot of random thoughts/ ideas. I've been a loyal reader of certain blogs with tasteful content and it's made me constantly revisit it - whether it was the pictures or just interesting brands or things I've not come across. It's going to sound a little cheesy but I actually had an epiphany awhile back that I was/ we were lacking something (especially where I live) and I wanted to try and close up a little bit of that gap and bridge a little interesting content over cyberspace.

Thus, Pocketto was created in the month of May, earlier this year with a little bit of aspiration and determination (I'm not sure if it's the best way to describe it but ok) to work towards a space filled with content and basically, just anything random, that makes you curious, excited or just simply, interested.

I write about anything under the sun; a random incident from my life, a favourite brand of mine, share about some lovely products, films, things to do and eat, stuff worth your read and time and about friends of Pocketto. My Facebook is where I share a slice of what I do at Pocketto, basically just interesting things or stuff I bookmark as eyecandy, and to update people on what happens here. I'm just hoping in the long run, people will actually share on things they love and see Pocketto as a freedom of expression on basically anything, because I respect that everyone has interests just as I do (I have themes or certain things I love to share, yes) and I hope they'll share wonderful things with me as I hope to.

On why I have the name Pokopocketto - there is no concrete explanation except that the time and place of this inception helped made it happen. I've always liked the idea of having things in your pocket because it is so handy and information that comes in pocket or bite-sizes are just so easily consumed. So I wanted all things wonderful to be squeezed into this little space where you can read anywhere (on the go, in your free time, you name it).

I added on Poko in the front because Pocketto alone wasn't available as a domain name and I'm crazy about Japanese cartoon characters (scroll below if you don't know who Poko is) which included Poko-chan, the face of some snack I used to eat all the time, making it Pokopocketto as you know it. I just thought it had a certain ring to it but I can't be using his face all the time (due to copyright issues) but I am just in love with it.

Well, this is definitely not a pocket-post (I know it) but thank you for reading through this one and for being on this space if you have (or just to find out who I am or why this exists anyway)! I am extremely appreciative of everyone's love and kindness for supporting me throughout the set-up of my space, giving me constructive criticism and just liking what I do. It's not going to be an easy time to make this space better but I'll try to make it happen, hard knocks are to come but whatever works (:

Here's a start to a Happy Christmas and an ode to all things random and wonderful! And we've got more lined up for you so stay in sync with me, will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment